Eco-Friendly Benefits of Using Natural Candles
The aromatic, soothing and relaxing scent of burning candles is enough to make you relax and elevate your mood, but at what cost?
Are you having a good time burning natural candles or are they synthetic?
Synthetic candles contain materials that are harmful to the environment, while natural ones do not.
Here are three eco-friendly reasons you should use natural candles to indulge in the pleasure and benefits of candles.
1. Use of Sustainable Ingredients
As shown in the table below, sustainable ingredients in natural candles help reduce your environmental footprint.
|Sustainable Ingredients||Benefits to the Environment|
Also, these candles do not use petroleum-based ingredients like paraffin wax, a non-renewable fossil fuel that releases pollutants in the air like soot and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
2. Reduced Carbon Footprint
Burning a candle made of natural wax helps reduce your carbon footprint.
Your carbon footprint is the total amount of carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases that you emit in your everyday life.
Natural candles produce a clean burn that produces fewer emissions that pollute the air.
Also, they are biodegradable thus break down naturally over time and do not contribute to landfills unlike candles made with paraffin wax.
3. Support for Renewable and Sustainable Resources
Farmers grow raw materials required to make natural candles like soy, beeswax, coconut, palm and rapeseed wax using renewable resources.
The making of these candles brings forth more benefits to the environment.
For example, 75% of globally cultivated crops rely on pollinators like bees. Therefore by purchasing natural candles, you ensure that the farmers have the resources to continue using renewable resources like bees which also help other organisms.
They also do not use synthetic pesticides and fertilizers that harm the environment. Synthetic pesticides and fertilizers cause:
- Water pollution. When washed off by rain or irrigation causing harm to aquatic organisms like fish.
- Soil degradation. When applied excessively it causes nutrient imbalances that damage the soil health.
- Harm to other beneficial insects. Even though most pesticides target specific pests, they may also cause harm to other organisms. These are beneficial organisms that may be living in that area like insects, birds or animals which are also important to the environment.
How to Determine Whether a Candle Is Natural or Synthetic
You need to differentiate a natural one from a synthetic one. This is because some vendors may pass synthetic candles as natural to sell more.
And if you are not keen, you may end up contributing not only to environmental pollution but harming yourself too.
Here are some of the indicators you can use to confirm that the candle is natural:
- Ingredients. Check the list of ingredients for information on what makes the candle. Natural candles, mention “natural” in their product description or/and list the plant-based ingredients like soy, beeswax, palm or coconut wax.
- Fragrance. How do the candles smell? Is it earthy, subtle scents from natural elements such as flowers, herbs, woods, or fruits? Or is it an artificial fragrance? It has a warm, cozy, aromatic, natural earthy tones that may invoke memories of a plant, herb or essential oil.
- Colour. Natural candles have a subtle colour. On the other hand, artificial candles may have intense colours, which may be an indication of artificial dyes
- Certification. Most natural candles will have a label of “100% natural” or “organic”.
However, keep in mind that some manufacturers may label their candles as “natural”, yet they contain some synthetic substances like artificial dyes.
So, while purchasing your candles, be sure to read the ingredients or purchase from an eco-conscious brand like Naturacare that ensures they provide eco-friendly products to their clients.
Get 100% Natural Candles at Naturacare
To ensure you are getting 100% natural candles, you should purchase them from us.
We pride ourselves in providing eco-friendly products so that you can enjoy luxurious soothing experiences while minimizing your carbon footprint.
Below are some of the natural candles we have in stock that are also available in vegan and with a cotton wick:
- Aloha! Natural candle with crackling wooden wick
- Balance Natural candle with crackling wooden wick
- Citrus Explosion Natural candle with crackling wooden wick
- Always Be My Baby Natural candle with crackling wooden wick
Purchase our candles today and embrace an eco-friendly lifestyle to create a more sustainable future.